Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today at work, I was to train a new cashier. It was really slow, so instead of finding work for us to do, I shoved a scrabooking magazine in her hands and picked up Weekend Knitting. I very much want this book. There's a pair of mittens in there that are heartbreaking. They're solid, except for the wrist cuff part, which is stripey and SO cute. Also, the cuff is garter, with the rest in stockinette. I can't find a picture of them at the moment, but use your imagination. Or go to Michaels and look at the book. There are other thrilling patterns, too, like a baby pullover and leg warmers!

I feel like a knitter. I get all excited over the patterns and yarns, so why don't I actually enjoy the knitting part? I'm hoping it'll still come to me. Like diabetes. I'll grow into it. Well, the one kind of diabetes. Not the other one.

-Alison

No comments: