Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yay! Happy Birthday to Ali! She's old!

I'm starting to get pretty antsy over Harry Potter. Somebody else has got to finish this book soon. I have no one to talk to. And everytime I mention red hair dye to Skip he gets very shifty and noncommital. Honestly, what is the point of having a boyfriend if I don't get to pretend he's a Weasley now and then?

You're probably wondering how the release party went. Fan-bloody-tastic, that's how. Lots of dorks in costumes, a drumline filled with high school boys and everyone wanted to take pictures with us. We went as the Hogwarts house ghosts, costumes that I've never seen attempted. It paid off. We were the only House ghosts there and everyone loved us.

From left to right:
Stacy as Nearly Headless Nick (Gryffindor), Ma as the Fat Friar (Hufflepuff), Alison as the Bloody Baron (Slytherin) and me as the Grey Lady (Ravenclaw).


A few notes:
-I sewed a bunch of that crap and spent a fair amount of time thinking the rest of it out.
- While everything else is white or grey, each ghost does have a piece of jewelry in his/her House colors.
- Yes, that is Mom's wedding dress again.
- Nick's puffy shorts (which I really did not expect Stacy to agree to) are going to be worn under any bridesmaid dress I may wear from now on.



That should help, right?

2 comments:

Joe C said...

I finished it! Monday afternoon!

Stepho said...

Those are GREAT costumes!