Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Schoolin'

Decision made: I'm going back to school.

Decision not made: For what?!

I've decided against culinary school because I know they'll want me to cook/eat seafood and mushrooms and pig. I'm just not down with it.

So, what then? I'm thinking something more business-y. I want an office job, goddamnit. I want a desk and I want to work M-F 9-5, but I don't want a job that will bore me to death either. Something where I can actually use my brain a little bit (but not too much!). I think I'll just start taking some courses at LCCC and see if anything comes to me. If nothing else, I'll get an Associate of Arts degree and call myself accomplished.

If anyone has any advice on the matter, please feel free to share.

-Alison

1 comment:

Stepho said...

You know what? Paper pushing jobs aren't bad. They can be easy AND interesting, and you can pretty much work at your own pace. If you don't feel well that day, you're sitting and you work a little slower. You can get coffee at any time. The benefits are good, and you can still have a social life.

Maybe you should talk to Garvin about learning how to update websites and things like that. If it sounded like something that would be somewhat interesting you could take some computer science courses and whore yourself out to local companies. Lord knows there are a lot.

Or, you know, you could always become an astronaut.