Saturday, June 30, 2007

I am tired.

Today, Jenny, our mom, our mom's coworker, our mom's coworker's brother and I went to the Cleveland Wine Festival. It was a lovely time, but I must remind myself to be kind to my feet on days off. I'm on them all week at work (standing in one place, which is the worst) and they might enjoy a day of not aching. It probably would have been fine if I had worn sneakers instead of flip flops. My feet really don't like flip flops generally. Except for the one pair that are a couple of hours away. Ho hum.

My new knitting project is a pair of socks for a small child. Unfortunately, they're coming out a little bigger than planned. I knew my gauge was off, but I didn't think it would make a big difference. It's a considerable difference. I figure that, either way, I'll find someone who can wear them. It's my first time knitting self-striping yarn. I'm very excited about it, even though it's acrylic. I've already knit a lot more than I usually do on a sock before giving up, so I'm hopeful.

-Alison

2 comments:

Stepho said...

The socks are awesome! I almost purchased some of the yarn but Garvin was looking at me strangely so I snatched up two tiny hideable skeins of Paton's Grace for socks instead.

Stepho said...

(The color was Viola, a very girly purple. It practically screamed my name.)