Monday, June 25, 2007

Stitch N' Pitch

Stitch N' Pitch was a success, I'd say. Steph, Skip, Jen and I went. Skip looked super hot surrounded by knitting ladies (and a few knitting men who were extra super hot). The Indians won, so a good night all around. Hopefully the pictures will turn out okay. I'm far too tired to upload them now.

One hitch in the evening... Why in the fuck can't you smoke in Jacob's Field? It's completely open! Seriously? I mean, seriously guys. Who has a problem with people smoking on an open-air patio in a place that huge? And if that weren't enough, they won't let you leave and come back in. It wasn't a huge deal because it was a quick game, but still! I am horrified and offended. Not as a smoker, but as a sensible human being. I will kick some serious ass. Seriously.

In case anyone has not heard, I'm pushing for a camping trip the weekend of July 14th (Quatorze juillet) to celebrate my birthday, which has been completely shat upon by the Harry Potter book release (21st) and Vikki's party (the following weekend - I forgive you, Vikki - maybe). So, in my determination to have a fucking celebration for my birthday, the idea of a camping trip was conjured. So, clear that weekend and come rough it with us. Also, suggestions for a place to camp are more than welcome. We haven't really thought about that yet.

-Ali

2 comments:

Joe C said...

I guess even the Jake thinks you should quit smoking. It's not a pretty habit.

I'll see what I can do for this camping trip. Bloody work.

Stepho said...

No pictures need to be seen of this event. Maybe the one of Jen and Skip. Certainly not the one with needles in my hair. That was not classy.