Thursday, September 6, 2007

No pictures = sad face

So we got a package in the mail and it was the best thing in the whole world. Yarn! Stepho sent me yarn! It's tiny, tiny laceweight mohair so it looks like thread with a blue halo. The blue is pretty arresting. Like staring straight into the Arizona sky. Or Gonzo. (It is pretty cute and fuzzy.) Hmm. What to make? I mean which stitch pattern of course, because this is obviously meant to make a deliciously complicated and lacy shawl/wrap. Thank you Stepho! Fun note: package arrived same day as our tea o' the month arrived. Yarn and tea. Hot.

I wish I had time to take some pictures of the ol' knitting. My mystery stole is coming along swimmingly, I think. Also, maybe if I had a camera I'd have the motivation to get those damn baby booties done. Of course, I don't have an address to send them to yet so it may not matter.

I figure once I get this clue done in the stole (and sew together the DBBs) I can finish the last sleeve on my Perfect Sweater in time for the first of the crisp fall days. (Delicious) And then I can finish the last sleeve on the super heavy red sweater and wait for it to get colder than fuck. Or I can start some new projects and ignore the red sweater until January so I don't have to chide myself for gauge mistakes until I chuck it all and become a sheep farmer in Wyoming. Again.

-Jenny

1 comment:

Stepho said...

What's a gauge mistake? Maybe it's supposed to be really tight with long arms. Sort of like that period on Dawson's creek where everyone wore seductively tight yet intriguingly long and slovenly looking clothing. Hmmm.