Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Impressions

As I previously stated, I am taking classes. Here are my observations, thoughts and predictions for my classes...

Introduction to Financial Accounting: Love the teacher. She's teaching the course under the assumption that we don't know a thing about accounting, so that's good for me. I think I will do well with this class.

American Government: The teacher is... interesting. Not in a bad way. Just different. He's from Canada. I think this class will be a bit of a challenge because I'm having a hard time remembering anything about government. And most of these kids just took government so it's fresh in their minds. And there's a kid in there that's 15 and is horribly obnoxious. Comments on everything. It's very distracting.

Sociology: I just took my first class last night. First of all, it's a 3 hour class (once a week) so it's kind of tedious. And there's a ton of homework. We have to write at least 1 paper a week. Also, classes are Monday nights and the work is due Friday night (by e-mail), so there's not a lot of time. And I suck at writing papers. But, given all of that, the teacher is hilarious and I really like him, so hopefully it won't be as bad as I think.

So, basically... Wish me luck.

-Ali

1 comment:

Joe C said...

I read Sociology as Scientology and had a laugh.