Thursday, March 5, 2009

Job Whining.

What is it with new jobs?!

When I applied, I wrote out my availability on their little form. Then, I had to confirm this with my team leader over the phone a couple weeks later. I said mornings during the week and whenever on the weekends. (Apparently they don't have a lot of Saturday morning stores, so they pretty much forced me to be available at night on weekends.

I got my new schedule today... I have 2 stores. Monday at 5 AM and Monday at 10 PM. Same day. I really don't mind this- the approximate time for each store is about 4 hours, so it's not a big deal. But I said mornings during the week! Why do they go through the trouble of asking and confirming if they're going to ignore it?!

I'm losing faith in this job, but I have no choice but to stick with it and hope it gets better. It's very frustrating because I would like the actual job, if only the people were nicer and more on top of things. Urgh.

Ali

1 comment:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

It's hard when you get into an organization at first. You don't know the lingo, you don't have any allies yet, and you don't know how to follow the book in the way that will get things done, rather than follow the book the way it was written.

Hang on. Learn the system. Make friends, and while your job function is important, serving your "customers" is job one. Remember, there are internal customers, those are your co-workers and supervisors, and your external customers, the people that provide you with a paycheck. Both need to be treated with a professional approach.

You can do this.