Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Since Monday...

Monday I started two things.

I started knitting the Browns socks that I've been wanting to knit for awhile (like a couple of years...), although I decided to knit them for myself instead of a gentleman. They're a little bigger than I had expected (apparently my gauge is too big or some shit) so I may have to hand them over anyway, but I doubt it. They're not quite that big. Just a bit baggy. Anyway! The point is that I started them on Monday and I'm just about ready to start the heel. (May I point out that this is sock yarn and these are size 1 needles, so I think that's pretty darn fast.)

I also started reading Garden Spells, which Jenny recommended. I am about 3/4 finished with it. It's a quick read, but I'm still impressed at how speedily I am doing things this week. (I'll leave out the part about me not doing dishes because the sink is leaky and how I've only done a couple of loads of laundry and how I haven't really cleaned except for picking up a few things that were in the middle of the floor.)

My other news is that I have a job interview on Friday. I'm not entirely hopeful because I don't even know what the job is, but I apparently applied for it, so maybe it'll be good. I'm going to wait and see and keep looking in the meantime.

Now I'm going to stop procrastinating and go to the grocery store. Or knit some more...

-Ali

No comments: