Saturday, August 18, 2007

Will Work For Cigarettes

I am officially unemployed. My last day was yesterday. It's definitely bizarre, but in a good way. With unlimited time at my disposal, I am planning all sorts of projects. First is cleaning and painting my bedroom. This is a thoroughly exciting prospect. A clean and pretty bedroom? Whaaaat?

Last night I went to a bachelorette party for a girl I don't really know well, but she's a friend of a friend. As with most bachelorette parties, it was less of a "party" and more of a "go out to clubs and get fucked up". It was a super fun time. We went to the Velvet Dog and the Blind Pig downtown. We were entertained by a group of men who called themselves the United Nations as they had a Mexican guy, a French guy, and a Canadian guy. The French guy (Phillipe) and I spoke French for a bit. Well, he did most of the speaking. I tried, but it was loud and I was uncomfortable attempting to speak French to someone who actually spoke the language.

I also have a plan to find some sort of charity and force everyone to participate. Not a donating money thing, but an activity thing. Perhaps a walk? An outing of some sort? I'll look into it. I feel that it would be a good use of our time.

EDIT: Just a thought... Arthritis Walk

-Ali

No comments: