Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm back

What to say about my life? I can't tell the difference between days anymore and I really don't remember what was going on the last time I posted. Did I talk about VBS? I taught VBS, it went well, next year I want to plan more in advance. Now I'm being asked to teach Sunday school and I really don't want to because I have a boyfriend and I'd like to spend some time sleeping in with him. But how do you say that in church?

I work full-time now. I really hope that what I think I'm going to be making isn't what I really end up making. I can't live on that. Plus, when they take out for insurance, I'll be completely behind. Average library wage, my ass.

I need a vacation. I can tell I do. But I don't want to go through all the trouble of planning a vacation and making sure I don't schedule anything in Ohio that weekend or week or whatever. Plus, Mom keeps coming up with ideas where we go do stuff and I really just want to go somewhere and catch up on sleep. And I really don't know what I can afford because of the previous paragraph.

So I actually feel a little crappy. All my careful planning in high school and college and I'm going to end up a cranky librarian, living off of Skip and not living up to any of my potential. Woo.

Other: I've finished the bodies of the two baby booties. I may have to redo one. I also finished two pairs of wings. Still to go: two sets of scales and two sets of bronze spikes. Then we'll have some very cute Norbert booties.

-Jenny

1 comment:

Stepho said...

Want to knit one sock and I'll knit the other?

As far as vacationing---I'm sort of having the same dilemma. The refrigerator crisis hit at the wrong time.

Want to come backyard camping? That's sort of a vacation. It'll be free.